When you are on the hunt to find the best floor chair you want to look for one that offers great back support, is comfy, and easy to store.
Who wants a bulky heavy chair to carry around?
Or one that makes your booty sore after several minutes sitting in it?
Luckily, there is a solution.
This post will breakdown everything you need to know about one of the best floor chair’s on the market to help you make the most informed decision.
Especially, if you are on the fence about what kind of floor chair to get.
Let’s get started. 🙂
Product: Folding Chair
Age: 4 years and up
Overall Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
So what makes this folding chair standout?
We will explore more features in further detail below but before we dive into that, here is a quick snapshot of the TOP features:
- Easy to take with you on-the-go
Why Is It So Good?
This foldable chair can be used by BOTH kids and adults as it holds up to 260 pounds.
If your child has low muscle tone (or not), this seat is VERY supportive and comfy to sit in.
Plus, the backrest of the seat is adjustable.
My nephew has cerebral palsy and low muscle tone in his lower extremities so he needs a great seat to support his back.
He uses this chair to play with his toys on the floor in addition to his feedings; my sister has him sit in it to be fed through his g-tube.
He actually prefers sitting on this chair over his high chair because it is so comfy and has the right amount of squishiness to it. 🙂
Overall, it’s a great chair to use at home during these types of floor activities or in school.
And since it’s lightweight (weighing around 5 pounds) it is hassle free to carry around or to move from classroom to classroom.
Previously we reviewed a quick snapshot of the foldable chair’s TOP features so let’s summarize that right now …
Now let’s explore other features to know …
- Serves as a marker to use during floor activities
- Back support adjusts into multiple positions (up to 5)
- Back frame is metal and durable
- Base of seat diameter measures 20 inches
- Backrest height measures 9.5 inches
- Material is a polyester cover with polyurethane foam pad
- Easy to clean the surface (simply wipe down)
- OR unzip the polyester cover to remove and spot clean
- Includes a carrying strap
- Folds flat for easy storage to put under your bed, closet, or car
Different Activities to Enjoy
This chair can be used in many settings because it is so easy to carry with the connected carrying strap.
Plus, to store it IS effortless.
At home, your child can enjoy sitting in this comfy chair to relax, watch their number one movie, or to play.
You can also get a lower table to allow your child to sit in it to do their homework, have fun doing art things like drawing or coloring, or to indulge in their favorite snack.
At school, the chair provides a quiet space for you kiddo to read or enjoy circle time with their peers.
It also naturally creates boundaries and personal space (which is something important to consider during this pandemic whirlwind we are in with social distancing).
One of the ultimate benefits this chair provides to help a kid with lower extremity weakness (or not) is the solid back support.
It is an inclusive tool to have your child use during floor activities either solo, with their peers at school, or at home with friends, siblings, or during family time.
In a nutshell, this floor chair benefits your child in numerous ways:
- Improves social skills
- Enhances concentration
- Supports kids with or without low muscle tone (adults too!)
- Therapeutic sensory tool for over-responding kids
- Inclusive tool to use among peers
How Does the “Folding Chair” Compare to their Competitors?
Ok we know for certain this “folding chair” is a great quality chair that is easy on the pocket book.
BUT how does it compare to their top competitors?
Let’s take a look.
Suede Folding Chair
This chair provides great back support for BOTH kids and adults too.
At first look, it appears similar to the “folding chair” so what are the key differences?
- This seat offers more positions to adjust the backrest (up to 6 rather than 5)
- The material is suede which is more expensive than polyester
- The seat material is softer to the touch
- The base of the seat is waterproof which makes it great to use outdoors
- Weighs more at 5.5 pounds versus 5 pounds
- Seat cushion is thicker
If you are looking for a more “souped” up floor chair that is softer to the touch, you can use outdoors, has a thicker seat and back cushion, AND do not mind the additional cost, then this chair would be the one for you. 🙂
Microfiber Folding Chair
Again, this chair looks and seems pretty similar to the “folding chair” (even the one we JUST compared above).
Here are the key differences to know …
- This seat offers an additional position to adjust the back rest (up to 6 rather than 5)
- Has a machine-washable microfiber cover which is a tad more costly than polyester
- Weighs more at 6 pounds versus 5 pounds
- Moderately priced (costing slightly more than the “folding chair”)
- Thicker seat and back padding
If you like the option of an additional position to adjust your back rest (having 6 rather than 5) and are ok with paying a few bucks more, this would be your best choice.
Waterproof Folding Chair
Here are a few key differences to make note of …
- You can adjust the backrest up to 6 different positions rather than 5
- It’s completely waterproof
- Weighs less at 4 pounds versus 5 pounds
If you need a great outdoor chair that is super lightweight, cost effective, and completely waterproof this would be the one for you.
To recap, the facts speak for themselves that this “folding chair” is one of the BEST quality floor chairs on the market that doesn’t break the bank.
If there are other floor chairs you would recommend, a review you would like to share, questions you may have, or anything you’d like to add that I did not cover in this post, please feel free to comment below.
If you found this information helpful, please share by clicking the sidebar link to help someone else. 🙂
I really do strive to make the content I create as helpful as possible for you…as a fellow parent looking out for their most precious gift.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Your engagement and support is what keeps this website alive, THANK YOU.