If you are looking to take your temperature or someone else’s without touching them (and getting those icky germies) then a no-touch thermometer is the ultimate option!
But why the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer?
There are SO many thermometers on the market, what makes this one so great?
These were the initial questions that popped in my mind after I saw it had over 100,000 reviews on Amazon and is rated #2 in baby thermometers on the market today!
I dug deep to see what makes the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer so special for a couple reasons …
- Save you the time.
- Help you make the most informed purchasing decision.
Let’s explore …
- What makes it so good?
- What are the pros vs. cons?
- What are reviewers sharing?
- How does it compare to its top competitors?
- And MORE …
Let’s dive in.
During the COVID19 pandemic a lot of people, clinics, businesses (and the list goes on) are using no-touch thermometers to make sure we are all staying healthy and safe.
Product: iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
Cheapest Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
What Is It So Good?
The iHealth Thermometer PT3 is an infrared no-touch forehead thermometer that will immediately show your body temperature within 1 second.
Wam, bam, done!
The thermometer shows your body temperature super fast because it has three sensors:
- Ultra-sensitive infrared sensor
- Built-in distance sensor
- Environment sensor
What do each of these sensors do?
- The ultra-sensitive sensor collects more than 100 data points per second from the forehead.
- The built-in distance sensor has a tiny lens that focuses the ‘infrared energy’ onto a detector (such as our human body).
- The environmental sensor can measure, monitor, and record our temperature.
By having these three sensors, it makes necessary adjustments to give us our EXACT temperature reading right then and there for the most accurate reading.
- You get an accurate temperature reading INSTANTLY within 1 second.
- It has three infrared sensors working all at once to give you an exact reading without error.
- Safe since it’s non-invasive.
- Hygienic because you don’t have to touch the person to take their temperature.
- It gently vibrates to alert you after the reading is complete (no annoying beeps)!
- Super easy to use as you only have 1 button to press.
- Readable at night because of the LED back lit which is a bright white light (which allows you to take your kiddos temp while they are sleeping).
- Use on babies, kids, and adults.
How Does it Work? (Step-By-Step Instructions)
You’ll love how simple the thermometer is to use.
Let’s break it down further …
- Hold the thermometer probe by bringing it up to your forehead.
- Aim the thermometer probe in the middle of your forehead (between the eyes above the eyebrows) and keep it less than 1.18 in (3cm) away from your forehead.
- Press the one and only button on the thermometer.
VOILA, that’s it!
It is that easy.
“How To Use” Video Instructions
I’ve had technology thermometers in the past that seemed like the ‘fancy’ choice to get but they had no features like the ‘no-touch’ and ‘infrared sensors’.
Because of this, I had a difficult time figuring out how to actually work my fancy thermometer.
I know that may sound silly (technology isn’t my strong suit) but the iHealth thermometer ease of use is one of the main reasons it’s so popular.
Check out this short clip on how to use the thermometer …
The following items come in the box:
- 2 AAA batteries
- 1 instruction manual that comes in the languages English, French, and Spanish
- 1 iHealth no-touch thermometer
- 1 ‘quick user guide’ on how to use the product
- Worry-free 12-month warranty
- Includes a smart chip to ensure it’s long-lasting
Measurement Range: 89.6°F -109.2°F (32°C-42.9°C)
Operating Environment: In order for the thermometer to work properly, you need to make sure you are in a place where …
- The temperature is between 59°F to104°F (15°C-40°C)
- The humidity is between 15% and 85% (non-condensing)
- The atmospheric pressure is 70kPa~106kPa (70,000 to 106,000) above sea level
So basically don’t operate the thermometer in outer space, the rainforest, outside in the cold under 59 degrees, or in blazing heat over 104 degrees. 🙂
Common Questions and Answers
Where is the iHealth no-touch forehead thermometer manufactured?
It’s made in China and then shipped to the US. Either from California or Seattle, Washington will ship the product directly to you.
Does it have the ability to sync via bluetooth?
Is there a User’s Manual?
Is the thermometer able to store past temperatures?
Does it work outside? For instance, athletes who play outdoor sports may need their temperature taken outside.
Yes, but in extreme heat (above 104 degrees) it will not work.
How do you change the unit of measurement?
- When the device is off, press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to enter unit switching mode. Under this mode, both Fahrenheit and Celsius should flash at the same time.
- Press the measurement button to switch to Fahrenheit or Celsius. The corresponding symbol of the selected unit after switching will flash.
- After selecting the unit, press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to leave the unit switching mode.
How long is the temperature displayed?
For 8 seconds.
Is it supported by the iHealth App?
No, the iHealth Thermometer does not support any app as it does not have a Bluetooth setting.
Can you use a FSA (Flexible Spending Account) card to purchase the thermometer?
Most likely since it is health related but double check with your FSA account manager to confirm.
Could this be used to take an animal’s temperature?
No, it is made for humans only. 🙂
Does the thermometer come in Fahrenheit mode?
Is there a “power off” button?
No. There is no designated power off button, but the thermometer will turn off automatically in 8 seconds after use.
If you have other questions, check out iHealth’s FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) by clicking here.
Pros vs. Cons
In all, the pros outweigh the cons by a lot.
This thermometer is high quality, not overly pricey, and a great investment in keeping our health on par.
Let’s take a look at both sides.
- Super FAST temperature reading within a second
- Very easy to use
- Can use at night
- Has three infrared sensors which makes readings accurate
- No-touch feature which means no germies
- Can be used for all ages; babies, kids, and adults
- Vibrates when temperature complete (no annoying beeping sound)
- 1 year warranty
- May get an ‘error screen reading‘ which can happen if the distance was too far when you took the reading or the environment temperature is too hot
- Measurements are inconsistent which can happen by position, activity level, and timing of when you take the temperature (click here for solutions)
What Reviewers are Sharing …
Over 85% of the global reviews rated the iHealth No-Touch Thermometer 4 or 5 out of 5 stars!
That’s pretty impressive.
Here are the common things reviewers loved about this product …
- Easy to use
- Worth the money
- Accurate readings
Let’s take a quick look at how reviewers rated the iHealth No-Touch Thermometer across multiple platforms …
“I’m a Family Practitioner PA for the past 38 years and cannot tolerate an incorrect temperature reading. This is right on compared to both a glass and digital thermometer. Takes only a second to work and it even works with a moving target. Highly recommended for the medical professional and for home use, especially with little kids. Stay healthy.” ~ www.amazon.com
“Works great! It’s super fast and seems to be accurate. We check the temperature of all of our students before they come into service! It’s fast, and we use it either on the wrist (usually have to add a degree) or the forehead.” ~ www.ihealthlabs.com
“I’m an RN and I bought this for home use. I have 2 small kids and taking a temp without disturbing them in the night is ideal. After receiving this unit and comparing with oral thermometer temps I have to say I’m impressed. One second temp and well built. I plan to get another later but I’ll hold off until the need isn’t so great. Highly recommended thus far!” ~ www.wyze.com
The Home Depot
“Appears to be of a very good quality, reads instantaneously and is very accurate. The readings it gives me match with those I receive when in my doctor’s office.” www.homedepot.com
How Does the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer Compare to their Top Competitors?
Let’s take a look at some of the top competitors today and how the iHealth thermometer compares.
No-Touch Forehead Thermometer for Adults and Babies
This thermometer is similar in features to the iHealth No-Touch Thermometer when it comes to price, quality, ease of use, and how fast and accurate the readings are (within 1 second).
The key difference is this thermometer has memory storage allowing you to access up to 50 readings (for you to consistently track your temperature, patients, or family members).
Final Verdict: If you need a lot of memory storage to access prior temperature readings, this would be your best choice.
Non Contact Thermometer for Adults, Kids, and Babies
Again, this thermometer is similar to the iHealth No-Touch Thermometer when it comes to quality, ease of use, and how fast and accurate the readings are.
The main key differences are …
- Price (it’s slightly cheaper by a few dollars)
- Memory storage (up to 35 measurements can be stored which is less than the competitor above where you can store up to 50 readings)
Final Verdict: If you are looking for a low cost thermometer that gives you stored readings, this one’s for you.
Forehead Thermometer for Fever for Adults, Kids, and Babies
This thermometer is also similar to the iHealth in accuracy, ease of use, and how quickly your temperature displays.
The key differences include the following:
- Price (one of the lowest priced thermometers)
- Fever warning function that beeps in three different colors (depending on how high the fever is)
- Store up to 35 temperature readings
The iHealth No-Touch Thermometer vibrates when your temperature is complete and does not beep. This is especially useful if you need to take your kiddos temperature while they are sleeping (without disturbing them).
Final Verdict: If you like the fever warning function and don’t mind it beeping, then this would be your best choice.
In a nutshell, the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer is one of the top thermometer’s on the market today for the price and quality.
Plus, the number of people who love this product already speaks volumes.
It’s ease of use, quiet functions, and simple format make this one of the best thermometers to use for all ages.
I hope this review added value to your research efforts today.
If it did, please share with someone else by clicking the sidebar link. 🙂
If there are other thermometers you would recommend, questions you may have, a review you’d like to share, or anything you’d like to add that I did not cover in this post, please feel free to comment below.
I really do strive to make the content I create as helpful as possible for you…as a fellow parent looking out for their most precious gift.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for stopping by today!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I truly believe in based upon in-depth research, reviews, and/or personal experience. Thank you for your incredible support and allowing me the opportunity to deliver the most valuable content to you.