If you are looking to take your temperature or someone else’s without touching them (and getting those germies) then a no-touch thermometer is the ULTIMATE option.
But why the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer?
There are so many thermometers on the market, what makes this one so great?
These were the initial questions that popped in my mind after I saw it had over 76,000 reviews on Amazon and is rated #1 in baby
thermometers on the market today.
It piqued my curiosity and led me to writing this product review.
I wanted to dig deep and see what makes the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer so special and provide you my honest and raw opinion.
Especially during COVID19 a lot of people, clinics, businesses (and the list goes on) are using no-touch thermometers to make sure we are all staying healthy and safe during this pandemic whirlwind we are in.
My intention in writing this review is to help you make the most informed purchasing decision so you can decide if the iHealth No-Toucher Thermometer is the RIGHT option for you.
Let’s dive in.
Product: iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
Cheapest Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
What is the iHealth No-Touch Thermometer?
The iHealth Thermometer PT3 is an infrared no-touch forehead thermometer that will immediately show your body temperature within 1 second.
Wam, bam, done!
The thermometer shows your body temperature super fast because it has 3 sensors; an ultra-sensitive infrared sensor, a built-in distance sensor, and an environment sensor.
Let me quickly explain what each of these 3 infrared sensors mean …
#1. The ultra-sensitive sensor collects more than 100 data points per second from the forehead.
#2. The built-in distance sensor has a tiny lens that focuses the ‘infrared energy’ onto a detector (such as our human body).
#3. The environmental sensor can measure, monitor, and record our temperature.
By having these 3 sensors, it makes necessary adjustments to give us our EXACT temperature reading right then and there with no errors.
Here are some great features of the iHealth no-touch forehead thermometer to make note of:
- You get an accurate temperature reading INSTANTLY within 1 second.
- It has 3 infrared sensors working all at once to give you an exact reading without error.
- Safe since it’s non-invasive.
- Hygienic because you don’t have to touch the person to take their temperature.
- It will gently vibrate to alert you after the reading is complete (no annoying beeps)!
- Very easy to use as you only have 1 button to press.
- Readable at night because of the LED back lit which is a bright white light. Psst, no need to wake your little one up because you can use this while they are sleeping.
- Can use on babies, kids, and adults
How to Take Your Temperature
You’ll love how simple the thermometer is to use. You can do it in 3 easy steps:
So to break it down in further detail …
- Hold the thermometer probe by bringing it up to your forehead.
- Aim the thermometer probe in the middle of your forehead (between the eyes above the eyebrows) and keep it less than 1.18 in (3cm) away from your forehead.
- Press the one and only button on the thermometer.
VOILA, that’s it! It is that easy.
I’ve had technology thermometers in the past that seemed like the ‘fancy’ choice to get but there was no feature like the ‘no-touch’ and ‘infrared sensors’ so I always had more of a difficult time figuring out how to actually work it.
I know that may sound silly (technology isn’t my strong suit) but the iHealth thermometer ease of use is one of the main reasons it’s so popular.
The following items come in the box:
- 2 AAA batteries
- 1 instruction manual that comes in the languages English, French, and Spanish
- 1 iHealth no-touch thermometer
- 1 ‘quick user guide’ on how to use the product
- Worry-free 12-month warranty
- Includes a smart chip to ensure it’s long-lasting
Measurement Range: 89.6°F -109.2°F (32°C-42.9°C)
Operating Environment: In order for the thermometer to work properly, you need to make sure you are in a place where …
- The temperature is between 59°F to104°F (15°C-40°C)
- The humidity is between 15% and 85% (non-condensing)
- The atmospheric pressure is 70kPa~106kPa (70,000 to 106,000) above sea level
So basically don’t operate the thermometer in outer space, the rainforest, outside in the cold under 59 degrees, or in blazing heat over 104 degrees. 🙂
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers
Where is the iHealth no-touch forehead thermometer manufactured?
It’s made in China and then shipped to the US. Either from California or Seattle, Washington will ship the product directly to you.
Does it have the ability to sync via bluetooth?
Is the thermometer able to store past temperatures?
Does it work outside? For instance, athletes who play outdoor sports may need their temperature taken outside.
Yes, but in extreme heat (above 104 degrees) it will not work.
How do you change the unit of measurement?
- When the device is off, press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to enter unit switching mode. Under this mode, both Fahrenheit and Celsius should flash at the same time.
- Press the measurement button to switch to Fahrenheit or Celsius. The corresponding symbol of the selected unit after switching will flash.
- After selecting the unit, press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to leave the unit switching mode.
How long is the temperature displayed?
For 8 seconds.
Is it supported by the iHealth App?
No, the iHealth Thermometer does not support any app as without Bluetooth.
Can you use a FSA (Flexible Spending Account) card to purchase the thermometer?
Most likely since it is health related but double check with your FSA manager to confirm.
Could this be used to take an animal’s temperature?
No, it is made for humans only. 🙂
Does the thermometer come in Fahrenheit mode?
There is no POWER OFF button.
That’s right, but the thermometer will turn off automatically in 8 seconds after use.
If any other questions have popped in your mind, I would recommend checking out iHealth’s FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page about this thermometer by clicking here.
Pros vs. Cons
In all, the pros outweigh the cons by far.
I feel this thermometer is high quality, not overly pricey, and a great investment in keeping our health on par.
BUT let’s take a look at both sides.
- Super FAST temperature reading within a second
- Very easy to use
- Can use at night
- Has 3 infrared sensors which makes readings accurate
- No-touch feature which means no germies
- Can be used for all ages; babies, kids, and adults
- Vibrates when temperature complete (no annoying beeping sound)
- 1 year warranty
- May get an ‘error screen reading‘ which can happen if the distance was too far when you took the reading or the environment temperature is too hot
- Measurements are inconsistent which can happen by position, activity level, and timing of when you take the temperature (click here for solutions)
In a nutshell, I believe this thermometer is the best there is on the market today for the price, quality, and great features.
Plus, the number of people who love this product already speaks volumes (hence over 76,000 reviews on Amazon).
I truly hope this review added value to your research efforts.
If it did, please share by clicking the sidebar link to help another person or their kiddo. 🙂
If there are any other thermometers you would recommend, questions you may have, a review you’d like to share, or anything you’d like to add that I did not cover in this post, please feel free to comment below.
I really do strive to make the content I create as helpful as possible for you…as a fellow parent looking out for their most precious gift.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for stopping by today.
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I truly believe in based upon in-depth research, reviews, and/or personal experience. Thank you for your incredible support and allowing me the opportunity to deliver the most valuable content to you.